Are you confident that services in your clinic are being delivered consistently?
How confident are you that quality patient care is being delivered behind closed doors?
How do you define and implement standards of excellent patient care?
What is the most effective way to measure and utilize the data gathered from patient care response forms?
We have found Linear Shared Decision Making to be the optimal service platform for people who work with patients needing to make healthcare decisions based on values, knowledge, and support.
Linear Shared Decision Making provides a service platform that clearly puts the patient in a place of “decision ownership.” Owning the decision strengthens the patient to stand for what she believes in, to stand for her choice as it relates both to pregnancy and her reproductive health.
When a patient is empowered to step back and consider her decision through a thoughtful process, we increase decision satisfaction for the patient, we see ownership of the decision, and we see personal action taken to address concerns.
This three-day course is for the PMC that wants to serve their community in a way that truly positions it as a change agent. This course provides a pathway for all services desired by the PMC to be offered to the patient over a period of time. Offering follow up visits related to the patient’s adjustment to her new normal go a long way to help an individual who is empowered, educated, and equipped to follow through on her chosen path.
In addition to training the Linear process, we add the use of a Decision Guide (based on the Ottawa Decision Guide) to address the decision making needs of the patient.
By combining these two concepts, Sparrow Leadership has found what we believe is the best service platform for the contemporary patient.
With this approach to the medical service platform, we have seen patient numbers increase, patient flow become more efficient, and improved patient care, which reduces risk and improves outcomes.
- Building a solution with the patient through coaching methods provided by each member of the Patient Care Team
- Reducing risk for the PMC
- Compliance with Accreditation standards by involving the patient in medical decisions
- Increased decision satisfaction, less decisional regret related to life-related decisions
- 2 days on-site; 4-6 months distance follow-up
- 1 day on-site follow-up critique and optimization
Scope of Service:
1) Three day on-site training, 2 day initial + 1 follow up
a) Includes didactic training with role-playing
b) On-site board education specific to linear service platform
c) 1 on-site follow up visit to further LSDM forms including coaching approach to patient assessment.
d) Creation of organization timeline for practical implementation of LSDM
2) Distance Consultation
a) Organization assessment for training readiness prior to first on-site visit
b) 6 month follow-up services
c) Monthly call w team or leadership to track with timeline and support
d) Available for miscellaneous calls related to platform development
e) Completion of program for initial launch
- Participants will learn the definition of Linear Decision Making
- Participants will discuss the rationale that sets the groundwork for this service platform
- Participants will learn the impact of shared decision-making as it related to positive and negative testing patients
- Participants will learn the difference between a coach approach versus traditional approach to patient services
- Participants will participate in role playing with a coach approach to patient care
- Participants will learn how to develop Care Paths
Each Linear Shared Decision Making student will receive the following certificate: Certificate of Completion
The following materials are necessary to complete the training program. These materials are included in the fee set forth below.
1) Pre-onsite reading to include 4 books
2) 10 Course manuals (additional manuals can be purchased)
3) 10 Course tests
The following fees for Linear Shared Decision Making training:
1) Participating Clinic
a) Linear Shared Decision Making training fee of $6,700.00 includes:
- Training for your entire team
- 10 manuals included, extra manuals must be purchased
- Training at clinic’s location with training tailored to clinic’s specific needs
- 4 days of training with two months follow-up
b) A $2,400 deposit is required to schedule training
2) Expenses to be invoiced separately:
a) Air fare for training staff
b) Accommodations for training staff
c) Rental car for training staff
d) Per Diem for training staff
We wish to provide quality training to all medical clinics that desire to work with our team. We are happy to discuss customizable options for the training and pricing. Please call 702-556-1101, if you have any questions or concerns regarding our services.