If you want to increase funding, establish your PMC more credibly as a medical clinic, and increase community awareness of your services, the CVV course may be exactly what you need.
While most PMC messaging speaks to the hearts of donors, the CVV course equips you to engage with not only donors but also clients and staff in concrete terms.
Clinics that can communicate to all three of those partners an accurate dollar value of the services they provide broaden their messaging dynamic. Team members are able to leverage the financial value, as well as the emotional, spiritual, and life-affirming value to donors and other community partners.
Built on Diagnosis Codes and Procedure Codes obtained from up-to-date CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) Medical Codes created by the AMA, this course trains your team to determine the value of a patient’s visit to your clinic.
Furthermore, when patients understand the value of their visit, and are told that because people value them, they have invested in the clinic so that they could receive all services at no charge, it helps them begin to appreciate their value.
- Ability to build a comprehensive patient encounter form because of our PMC experience
- Experienced medical billers and coders bring their knowledge to the PMC giving them a unique perspective in fundraising efforts
This 12-hour course is best for team members who have direct contact with patients or donors, or serve as a voice to the community at large. Using billing and procedure codes to document services provided to patients, this training provides participants with the knowledge, messaging, and tools for sharing this information.
This acknowledgement of the complimentary services received provides a pathway for patients to get an accurate understanding of those services and as a result have an increased appreciation.
Our staff and volunteers thereby have a deeper regard of the value of their invested time and resources, resulting in a deeper commitment.
Graduates of this course will be able to complete the patient visit knowing the value of every aspect of the patient care. Additionally, the course equips team members with the understanding needed for utilizing this information as it relates to accreditation, fundraising, volunteer retention, and patient appreciation.
Scope of Service:
- 12 hour on-site training with two consultants to be completed in 1.5 days
- Entire team participates first four hours, team who will be developing the Patient Encounter Form the next four hours, and third four hour session will be with those involved with patient care and will be determined on a case-by-case basis
- Didactic and implementation training with tool
- Create and implement customized Super Bill/Patient Encounter form
- Leverage new data and procedures to produce maximum market impact
- 1 team follow-up consultation to further refine procedures and impactPrerequisite:
Linear Shared Decision Making (LSDM may be scheduled to immediately precede CVV to save on expenses.)
- Participants will review LSDM in relation to patient flow
- Participants will learn basics of diagnosis codes
- Participants will learns basics of procedure codes
- Participants will learn basic procedure of codes and billing
- Participants will develop a list of accurate procedures provided at their PMC
- Participants will understand basic Patient Encounter form
- Participants will prepare a Patient Encounter form for their clinic
- Participants will learn the difference between CPT, UCR, and ICD-10
- Participants will be able to describe why and how CVV impacts the PMC
- Participants will build talking points related to the PMC
- Participants will understand the value of patient visit and community impact
- Participants will list how to incorporate CVV into volunteer training
- Participants will define how to incorporate a super bill into patient care in the PMC
Each Clinic Visit Value student will receive the following certificate: Certificate of Completion
The following materials are necessary to complete the training program. These materials are included in the fee set forth below.
- 10 Course manuals
- 10 Course tests
The following fees for Clinic Visit Value training:
1) Participating Clinic
a) Clinic Visit Value training fee of $4,700.00 plus expenses includes:
- Training is divided between entire team and focused patient-care team
- Training at clinic’s location with training tailored to clinic’s specific needs
b) A $2,300.00 deposit is required to schedule training
2) Expenses are invoiced separately:
a) Air fare for training staff
b) Accommodations for training staff
c) Rental car for training staff
d) Per diem for training staff
We wish to provide quality training to all medical clinics that desire to work with our team. We are happy to discuss customizable options for the training and pricing. Please call 702-556-1101, if you have any questions or concerns regarding our services.