It is important to keep your skills up-to-date and advancing. Whether you trained with Sparrow Solutions Group (SSG) initially or used another training organization, we are here to provide that advancement.
Both the ANA Code of Ethics for nurses and the SDMS Code of Ethics for sonographers require that one stays competent in their area of practice. To stay competent, continuing education is key. This course provides the sonographer with hands-on scanning, updates on imaging trends, review of Interpretation Ready Imaging℠ (IRI℠), and fulfills continuing education requirements.
As a new sonographer or an experienced sonographer, it is important to document your continued competency through an outside source or consultant. A consultant from SSG brings multiple things to you and your organization.
As instructors who serve PMCs nationally, we bring a unique understanding of your patient. As instructors committed to the growth and development of others, we take seriously our own continued improvement. As instructors entrusted to steward your education resources, we are continually enhancing our offerings.
- Sparrow’s Clinical Imaging 2 course meets or exceeds continuing education competency requirements required by ANA Code of Ethics and SDMS Code of Ethics.
- The Sparrow contract legally binds us to do what we promise.
- Sparrow provides pre-consultation tools and accountability to equip the PMC to have a successful sonography training.
- Sparrow participates in multiple medical conferences each year so that we are able to educate PMCs about the latest medical imaging and patient care trends.
- Sparrow’s involvement with PMCs nationally and internationally gives us insight and perspective on minimizing risk.
- We provide training with a holistic approach: scanning with the spiritual, emotional, physical, and social needs of the patient in the forefront.
- Sparrow incorporates life-affirming language into the technical aspect of imaging in a PMC.
Scope of Service:
- 16 hours on-site hands-on and didactic instruction from an RDMS registered in OB/GYN, 2 (8-hour days)
- Hands-on instruction incorporating didactic needs as it relates to students in a clinical setting
- Ergonomics and imaging
- Identification of unknown structures on images
- Increased image vocabulary
- Development of stronger method of image critique
- Review Interpretation Ready ImagingSM (IRISM)
- Defining consistencies in PMC imaging needs
- Refinement of paperwork
- Documentation of sonographer’s scanning skills using a competency exam
- Individualized plan for sonographer to build scanning skills
- Students will review legal and ethical issues.
- Students will review standards of practice and competencies and practical application of those standards.
- Students will review policies, procedures, protocols and pathways, including practical application.
- Students will review lines of authority and reporting protocol
- Students will review sonography imaging basics including physics and instrumentation
- Students will review image optimization principles
- Students will review anatomy
- Students will understand ergonomics as related to imaging and establish practical application of that understanding
- Students will review and refine paperwork
Each student is given a Sparrow Sonography competency exam at the end of the training. The results of the exam are a representation of the student’s scanning abilities and knowledge. The exam is not an indicator of a student’s future success as a sonographer; it simply indicates whether a student is prepared to continue to the next level of training. It is the responsibility of each student to continue learning and practicing to improve his or her skills. Sparrow Sonography suggests that the medical director of each clinic assess each individual student’s scanning skills before any student is approved to scan independently. Clinics should seek legal counsel to ensure compliance with state requirements regarding ultrasound scanning.
Each Clinical Imaging 2 student will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Training materials are included.
The following fees for Clinical Imaging 2 training:
1) Participating Clinic
a) Clinical Imaging 2 training fee of $1,000.00 includes:
- Training for one nurse
- Training location options include Las Vegas, home PMC, or other
- Limit of four nurses to participate in training at one time
b) A $400 deposit is required to schedule training
2) Expenses are invoiced separately, and may be waived depending on training location:
a) Air fare for training staff
b) Accommodations for training staff
c) Rental car for training staff
d) Per Diem for training staff
We wish to provide quality training to all medical clinics that desire to work with our team. We are happy to discuss customizable options for the training and pricing. Please call 702-556-1101, if you have any questions or concerns regarding our services.
Feedback from Recent CI2 Participants
When asked what the best aspect of this course was, participants responded:
“My nurses benefitted greatly.”
“I found the training to be very beneficial and will make sure I scan, scan , scan!”
“It was a privilege to be part of the training.”
“Just what we needed…thank you.”
“Hands-on, individual attention, review and content”
“Scanning models, of course”
“The teaching style of the instructors”
“Thank you for your expertise. This will bless my center. Thank you for your vision and heart.”
“Being critiqued so I can improve my skills.”
“Fine tuning to show the cervical canal.”
“The teaching style of the instructors”